Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Pages

Sunday 1 March 2020

Freedom


Freedom is a luxury, an art mastered
It comes with seasoning
Years of suffering and indifference
I wear it like an ornament
It comes to me easy as breathing

But, to bond and be bound
Baby, it stifles me and holds me
It tames me, breaks my spirit
Stints my view through the glass I see
Paints colours and makes it hazy

Do you see, I don't belong here?
I lose you or not, it's still nothing
I'm free and wild as air
I can't be anchored
By a beast or an angel.

This security of having you
Doesn't wake me with false alarms
I'm steeled inside out
There is something in me
That you can't get to.

It's a reverie, it's a nightmare
Or a wishful thinking, a miraged happiness
Or someone's reality

Having that someone
To live and die for
Tangled in strings and knots
To desire and to be desired

But, oh baby, I can't, I know
I can't live for you
I'm not made of their blood
I can't and won't die for you.

We met as strangers
Strangers we still are
It's a thumb rule of relationships
That we meet and depart as strangers

Nothing changes the beginning
Or the ending
If you sit back and be an onlooker
Only the in-between is a make believe.

I can be a murderer or a victim
I can kill you and can't save you at once
There is no sense at all, you see?
I can't and won't take the middle path

Reveal what you are now or only time will tell
You'll have all of me or nothing
I will have all of you or nothing
Or too soon there will be a day
When there are no changes at all.  

No comments: