Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Providential Smile

“Life is short. 

Smile while you still have teeth.”

- Mallory Hopkins.

Is it not funny? Come to think of it, why do you need teeth for a smile? Because it adds beauty to your face or your smile? If yes, that means your smile and hence life is dependent on youth and age. Is that an inference of the quote? Sir Mallory Hopkins himself should explain it to me. The very reason I picked this quote is to show how everything is beautiful and centre about youth. We find someone's smile infectious and inspiring then. But, as we get older and wiser, we know, nothing is forever, nothing at all. Is it probably then a few start looking for an inner source of happiness.

For every parent, her/his child's happiness brings smile instinctively. And I am no exception. My baby's every activity brings smile on my face.

I have noticed a few people unable to find anything special in a baby. As a matter of fact, babies are annoying for them. So, the source of smile for any person may not be really external. It is a gift to be able to smile at anything. And a greater gift to be able to smile at everything.

So, if you ask me about that one person who can make me smile, even on a dreary day, it is my child.

No comments: