Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

If only

The woman of my life she was,
No one could guess her cause.
Tying up her long hair in a bun,
She always made my life fun.

I was probably her worst nightmare
Livid, I never reciprocated her care.
She took it with a smile, all the bruises,
And lived a life with poor resources.

When I knew not, who was my mother,
Bereft or abandoned without a bother,
She came to my life like sunshine
To become a godmother, I could call mine!

Tears run down, as I kneel at her tomb
I wish I could lie back in her womb.
She was my one and only care-taker,
If only she was my mother!

Written for The Tuesday Platform.

14 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

You have taken a lot of care with your rhymes in this poem. The form gives a frame to your thoughts.

brudberg said...

Sometimes we find those wonderful people that are closer to us than parents or siblings... a sad lament.

Stacy Lynn Mar said...

the poem has a great rhyme scheme...which really helps with the flow.

sounds as if you wrote this with plenty loving care, a memorial of sorts.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Beautiful, I love the care written here.

Sun Bloom said...

@Kerry O'Connor
Thank you!

Sun Bloom said...

@brudberg
True! Very.

Sun Bloom said...

@Stacy Lynn Mar
Thank you. :)

Sun Bloom said...

@Buddah Moskowitz
Thanks a lot! :)

Susie Clevenger said...

There are those special people who mother us far more than the women who birthed us. They step into our heart's void. Beautiful melancholy in this.

Sun Bloom said...

@Susie Clevenger
Yes, thank you!

Margaret said...

Better to appreciate what you had - even if you didn't realize what you had at the time. Somehow she knows... tender and moving poem.

Sun Bloom said...

@Margaret.
Thank you!

Narayana Rao said...

Good. I too write some rhymes some times.
Good to visit your site as a part of my A to Z visits. My theme Blog Promotion
Welcome to A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016 - Co-Participant - Nrao - NRao Blogs 1109
@knoltweet
NRao Blogs - 2016 A to Z Challenge Blog Posts
Management Theory Review

Sun Bloom said...

@Narayana Rao
Thank you!