Light

Light
Image credit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/508554982893638439

Pages

Monday 20 January 2020

Parallel

The crease in your shirt
As you shift, the creak of the chair
Subtly aware of the swift moves
The twiching of those eyes
Seeing, yet not choosing to see. 

We are stuck in different points
In tesseracts of time
That don't intersect, yet I feel your presence. 
Our parallel lives, oh what a paradox! 

I wait for you to salvage me, oh, I don't
That can't be, there's never an escape.
Mind, that one neurotic, constructs memories 
With coffee cups that we never drank from
And those moments that could have been 

I don't crave a new beginning
Or recreate the past
Let's just get sit together shit-faced 
Dissolving this boundary
That never was

Let's undo our masks 
The civilized, the office, the house, the constrained, the prejudiced, the societal
And stare together at the sky and the earth at the horizon
That end together yet never meet.

No comments: